Submitted: 09-10-2000 by Adam

I live in South Florida and decided to purchased the Scrambler XT around two months ago. I am very pleased with its performance. It is very stable and tracks well in moderate surf. My first time out we had up to 3 ft swells and had no problems. It makes snorkel and scuba excursions fun and safe. If you are into beach diving you must buy this kayak! It is much more fun to paddle to the dive site(also conserves air). This kayak is very easy to get in and out of. And with a dive flag mounted to stern of the kayak boaters are more likely to steer clear of you. One draw back is that the kayak turns very easy in breaking waves so you must correct with paddle. I have days where I ride the waves straight in and then other days when I get dumped over (FYI)It depends on the break. If your looking to surf buy a surf board! For under $800 dollers I bought the Scrambler XT, custom seat, paddle, and soft racks. The scrambler is stackable there is no question I am going to buy another one.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: