Submitted: 03-08-2012 by EP

I WISH I had read more reviews before I purchased the Showboat roller over the Hullavator. The advantage to the Showboat is that you can load two kayaks, so that was the determining factor.

This was installed by my dealer and it worked fine for the first two times. But then I experienced the same complaint as others. The roller separated from the crossbar on the right side! Thank goodness it happened the first time at home and I had the Allen wrenches. I tightened the screw and it didn't happen again. All was fine for another two trips and then the roller separated on the left side, this time because the crossbars wouldn't slide out. Again I was at home and I tightened the screw but that isn't the problem. It's that the crossbar just won't slide through easily. I am short (5'1") and have a small SUV so I have to use a steps tool ALL the time. And I got this so I wouldn't have to have help loading and unloading my kayak. Now I keep my Allen wrenches with me at all times. I SORELY regret this purchase and will ask my dealer and Yakima to help me. I am just wondering what the NEXT problem will be!
(P.S. Glad I read about not using WD-40. I was going to do that when I take the yak out this weekend.)