Submitted: 02-29-2012 by David

I've had my V8 for a month now, moving up in the world from my excellent old Cobra Expedition plastic boat.
The V8 is very nicely built, a great moulding, I really like the cut-away sides, this lets you get a good paddle blade entry. It's stable for a race boat but way tippier than the old Cobra Expedition. I've read the other rave reviews so I don't need to bore you with all the good stuff and there is plenty of it.

OK the negatives (for me): I paddle a river here in Australia and the lack of a trailing rudder option was initially a concern but I built my own simple, strong lightweight trailing rudder system that has no extra holes and is fully reversible in minutes. My real gripes are two. I find the narrow footwell, well, too narrow. I wear 3mm scuba boots when paddling and my feet push painfully against the cockpit sides while wedging together in the middle. Cockpit Leg length is another issue, I read a review that said it will take a 195cm paddler, well only if you are built like a duck mate! all long back and short legs. I am a pretty normal built for 190cm and I swear I need another 2-4cm length than its longest setting to reach what I consider a decent paddle posture (being able to fit a clenched fist and thumb under my knees)

It carries my 105kg easily but there isn't any spare 'butt width' either. I suggest that 188cm and 105kg is about the max for the cockpit even though the boat could carry more weight.

Sorry Epic an 8/10 is the best I can give, you seem to market this boat for larger paddlers and its just not so.