Submitted: 02-25-2012 by Canuka
I recently bought a 1989 Starship with the ICS seating system (adjustable sliding seat) in the gold layup (kevlar) from the original owner. Unfortunately, it did not come with the canted cane seat. It originally came with a tractor seat, but it was too small for me and the original owner rigged up a webbed seat using the original frame. It works fine. The seat really needs to be in the high position for kneeling, unless you are used to kneeling very low and your ankles can tolerate it. On the other hand, for sitting it needs to be positioned in the lower slot. I find the boat becomes too unstable when sitting in the higher position.

This is a fast canoe and handles very well with both single and double paddle, but I admit I need to put it more time to get to know it better. I felt it turns quickly, but it needs leaning.

This boat can handle a big guy with a big load and I think it would be a good down river boat as well as a good lake tripper.