Submitted: 02-22-2012 by terrydavison

Last September I completed the Colorado River 100 on a Cobra Expedition and I've been hooked on long distance kayak racing ever since! After that race I wanted a faster boat so after doing lots of research, and talking with different boaters I decided on a Epic 18x.

Anyway, I had entered the 18x in the Texas Winter 100K on January 28th of this year, and due to low water levels on the Colorado River I decided it wasn't prudent (which was a good call as I would have destroyed it), and 24 hours before the race I got offered the opportunity to race the PRS, which I had never been on before. After racing it 62 miles in sometimes less than desirable conditions I came away extremely impressed! I ran it aground more times than I care to remember, went over twice,(pilot error) and the boat came away unscathed.

It's stable, fast, fun, and relatively inexpensive! I can definitely see me owning one in the future.