Submitted: 02-17-2012 by wavespinner
I'm on my third generation of the 4Fun. The first was excellent but I succumbed to the siren call of the new & improved. It was new, but that was about it. I dumped that and strayed to other brands, but found them to fall a bit short. When the third generation came out, I tested it and whipped out the plastic card. Once again, it was back in fun territory.

This edition has a lot more play in it and greatly resembles the previous generation Star series. So, you're trading off some river running traits to throw ends easier. But, it'll still get you from A to B in good shape and loves to surf. It's especially fun with hand paddles.

Jackson doesn't like to poke holes in the hull so there's no drain plug. Getting the water out through the rim drains is a bit of an inconvenience. The deck hardware is better for cable locking than it is for a rescue to grab onto.

Jackson outfitting is a love or hate proposition. I'm in the former camp. It's light, simple, easy to field repair and infinitely adjustable. The yak surfs and plays like a champ. Virtually any move is point & shoot with confidence. Rolling is easy, even bare-handed.

If you're looking for a player that can get you down the river with little problem, put this one on your test list.