Submitted: 02-12-2012 by DavidF
Other reviews go into more of the technical details, so I will just hit the highlights. I have owned my Ult 14.5 for about a year and a half. It bought the tandem but in fact have used it as a solo on every trip so far (it easily converts back and forth). It is super comfortable, easy to turn (I donít have a rudder) and tracks pretty well. It is slower than my other yak, an Old Town Cayuga 146, as others have mentioned the stable hull makes it a little slower. A little slower, not a lot, I can still keep up with the pack. The other thing that I notice is that since I'm relatively short (under six foot) the 31 inch wide hull would benefit from a longer paddle.

Honestly, I can hang out in this boat all day and still be comfortable. Holds my ice chest with no problem and you can actually move around in it to stretch. I recommend the front skirt as I did take on a little water in heavy chop. I would buy it again, it is well made, great seat and even for short trips to get a little exercise I choose it over the Old Town because the seat is so comfy. Did I really mention comfort three times in this review? Well, that says something, does is not?