Submitted: 01-31-2012 by happy_paddler

I have owned my Nantucket since 2001. That boat has had its fair share of rough days, it's a super tough boat. Still works as good as the day I bought it, decently priced too. I've just outfitted mine with a cheap foam kit so that I can start eskimo rolling with it (knee and hip braces). Also put a foam for the seat (the seat is kind of hard but with the foam on there, it's very comfortable).

I would recommend a Nantucket, mine tracks good (no left tracking as mentioned in some reviews). Even after 10+ years of being stored at temperature that go down to minus 30 degrees C in the winter and paddling it in temp. up to +30 degrees C in the summer, the rubber hatches as still in great shape and do not let any water in. This kayak is almost 15 feet long. I weighed it last week after I completed all the outfitting for rolling, weighs 68 pounds, kind of heavy compared to other brands but you can drag this kayak anywhere you go and it won't show much signs of wear and tear.

I'm satisfied with my Nantucket, would never get rid of it, we've been through too much together