Submitted: 01-30-2012 by SC

Two years and counting since I posted my first review on this boat, and I am more in love with it than ever. I had been dinking around in kayaks for years, but this is the boat that made me a paddler. I was making pretty good time this morning when I slammed into the submerged log. No worries; this boat was where I learned to brace, edge, and use my weight confidently. Recently I was paddling a tidal inlet on a windless day when I rounded a point and saw three breakers headed straight at me. I barely had time to get interested in the situation before I had ridden over them like a cork. Normally I would never consider taking a rec boat with a wide-open cockpit into breakers, but it's good to know that this boat can handle it. The only thing I would mention is that it is not an easy boat to do deep-water self rescues in. It just isn't designed for rough conditions; it's not that kind of boat.

I now own three sea/touring kayaks, each beloved for their particular strengths. The Bliss, though, is my go-to boat, my buddy that I can throw in the bed of my pickup and just go have fun. I'd give it an 11 if I could.