Submitted: 01-24-2012 by mdcnr4

I bought the Jackson Day Tripper 12 Elite in order to do some rec paddling with my 75lb. Golden Retriever. I looked for many months before deciding on the Day Tripper. I have not had it in the water just yet (Spring can't come soon enough), but my rating is just on intitial quality and feel of sitting it in it.

The Elite seat is simply amazing. I currently have it in my living room so that my dog can get used to sitting in it. I can easily watch an entire movie, perfectly comfortable. The quality and attention to detail is what I find amazing. The Jackson company in general really seem to do things in an honorable way. I emailed them asking a few questions, and received a direct response from Eric Jackson, there are few companies that take the time to do that.

I will update when I get it in the water, but there is PLENTY of room for me (5'10", 210lbs.) and my Golden. Still enough room for a few packs and a cooler, which I think think is the coolest thing about this boat, the functionality of canoe, but the advantages of a kayak.