Submitted: 01-19-2012 by althacker

I got back in the kayaking business 3 years ago after a 35 year layoff. I was in a crash in the New River and swore I'd never get in another one. I went to BassPro and bought an Ascend D10 and loved it. Later I went on a few excursions with some friends and was able to observe the Wilderness Systems Tsunamis at work. I liked what I saw and I started checking them out and ran across a Pungo ... when I found out that the hull was the same as the Tsunami I bought a 12 footer and really love this one.

I put a GPS on it and took it for a calm lake trial and was able to maintain 4.3 MPH for about 3/4 of a mile... didn't think that was bad for a 250 lb 5'11" old fart. I didn't buy it to race it but I like fast getaways and it handles perfect... so I did what any logical person would do and bought another demo Pungo 14' Angler. It is faster, sleeker, and as stable or more so than the 12 footer and tracks straight as and arrow ... My guests use the Ascend and my wife uses the 12 footer ... my next one will be a 145 Tsunami ... I've paddled this style on on the Ashley River in Charleston, SC and it was surprisingly easy to get into and out of for my size and tracked very nicely and was as stable as the Pungos...