Submitted: 01-18-2012 by Chuck Clinton

I bought an Old Town Otter Sport 4 or 5 years ago from Dick's Sporting Goods. Getting in to kayaking and running some rivers with friends. I am 6'2' and around 215#. My Sport came with a padded seat, foot braces, and bungee cord on the front deck.

I have never paddled anything else so I can't compare it to another kayak. It does get water inside when I'm in small rapids without a skirt, but with the skirt on I have run class II and mild class III with no problem. I have to say it is pretty comfortable. My back and legs do begin to tire after a while...but when you are sitting in one position for over an hour or so, what can you expect?

I recently bought a WW kayak and now realize just how stable the Otter Sport is. My Otter is tough too..it fell out of the back of a pickup truck, slid down the highway, and barely had any damage. Just a small flat spot near the nose. She's been good to me for many years, so I'm going to keep her around as long as she'll stay.

Sealline: