Submitted: 01-18-2012 by kvelez
After three years with an Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro I upgraded to an easier to paddle and more comfortable Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140. Due to a back injury, the 14Ft 68LB Tarpon had to go. Wilderness systems phase 3 seating surpasses any other kayak in the market so anything but a WS was out of the question. Other manufacturers should take notice. The Pungo 120 has excellent primary and secondary stability. I was able to enter it by sitting on the side and rolling my legs in while turning just like I used to do in the Tarpon 140.

The Pungo 120 is more a more versatile, faster kayak that accommodates just about everyone's needs. It is 20% easier to paddle and performs as well as any 14FT kayak. Excellent tracking and easier to turn than comparable width kayaks. Narrower kayaks will turn easier but stability decreases. This kayak does it all. I have no plans on taking it to rough seas that is what sea kayaks are for.