Submitted: 01-10-2012 by CS

I just bought a perception Pescador 12' and am writing a "first impression" review, which I'll amend with more time. I am writing for those of you, who like me, who have spent a lot of time considering a first time purchase and haven't spent much time with one. I have been on a kayak maybe a half dozen times before this so I am very green.

To address one comment, I think they addressed the wet seat issue, as there are scuppers hidden underneath the seat. This led to a slightly wet bottom, but I air-dried by the time I got back. I launched into a lake, but intend on using it in coastal waters.

The kayak was easy to paddle and very maneuverable paddling forward or backward, even to someone unversed in proper technique. The kayak was very stable when facing forward or sideways. I twisted and faced backward several times, and wobbled a bit on my first attempt, but got comfortable afterward. I purchased the kayak to fish from, but am going to take it out one more time, this time into Tampa Bay, before I try casting anything.