Submitted: 01-09-2012 by Gordon Tarpley

I just purchased a used Renegade for $200. It is in very good condition and came with a paddle. Yesterday was the first day out on the water with it. Spent about 4 hours paddling around Tampa Bay and the Hillsborough river. It was a breeze and didn't have any problems whatsoever. As everyone else has mentioned it's really fast for such a small boat. The size is great and allows me to easily load and unload it from the car's roof racks without any help. I'm pretty light, about 150lbs at 5'11" and the boat had no problems holding me up, was very stable and easy to maneuver.

The only thing worth mentioning, is when testing the kayak in the pool, the scupper holes let in a bit more water than I would like. This was cured with some small foam baseballs, about the size of the foam practice golf balls people recommend for scupper plugs.

If you happen to find one of these and the prices is right, grab it up. You won't regret it.