Submitted: 01-06-2012 by tomfla

I have had my Paddleski for over two years. The reason I selected the Paddleski was I was having problems using my Sea Eagle FoldCat in the narrow, shallow, side channels of the NW Florida spring fed rivers I paddle in. The Paddleski is narrower and draws less water and is easier to pull over barely submerged logs I often encounter. There are also lots of weeds which often times reach the surface and the Paddleski skids over them much better than hard shelled boats. I also use the Paddleski on lakes and agree in high winds it can be a handful, especially with stuff in dry bags lashed to the deck.

There are tradeoff with all kayaks. The key is to select the one that best meets your needs. I wanted a boat I could carry a lot of gear on and deal with shallow weed infested log filled narrow water ways and the Paddleski fills that bill.