Submitted: 01-06-2012 by my

Like most here, I paid 199 for my Kayak at Dick's. If you paid much more, you should have done yer homework. I rate it a high 8 for similar reasons as the recent reviewer; when compared to other kayaks withing a few hundred dollars, it is a tremendous value. I have personally not experienced issues with my seat or foot pegs. Both are in great condition after 3 months of kayaking 10-15 hours per week. I have done nothing to modify my kayak for fishing and find it very stable and dry. It does go off track during paddling, but hey, its only $199! I have also found that the cup holder between your legs has a hole that fits the spinning rod butt. It is great for changing lures etc...

I have run the kayak aground and over logs and rocks with minimal scratching and have been impressed by the durability of the kayak. The main reason I have given it an 8 vs a 9 is because I am very concerned should I get reckless and tip the kayak to far, or get a high speed boat on Texhoma swamp the kayak. There is 0.0 floatant and will create a very volatile situation in a short order.