Submitted: 12-19-2011 by Dom Coscia

As a former paddle shop owner I was first introduced to the Eski by my Prion rep and immediately grabbed one for myself. I have been paddling this model for the past 15 years in all conditions and even though I have owned and paddled numerous brands and models over the years it is still my favorite! I still lead multi day camping tours in the Florida Everglades paddling the Wilderness Waterway usually taking 7 days to paddle the 100 mile trail.

My Eski, named "Flash" due to his speed, has been subjected to almost all conditions you can encounter from 20-30 knot winds to 2-3 foot standing waves in some of the bays. It always does what I ask and when loaded with gear it is incredibly stable and well suited for these expeditions.

The hard chine hull is intimidating for beginning paddlers however, once you understand the handling characteristics of this hull design you begin to appreciate it as it rewards you with amazing performance. The boat is highly reactive to leans for turning and has amazing secondary stability. It is definitely a boat to grow into for the novice paddler. I use mine without the rudder and have never regretted taking it off.

If you can find one of these rare boats buy it and never look back.