Submitted: 12-10-2011 by brian.lippe

My first experience was my fiberglass glider model year 1991. I kept it until 2008. It was a fine boat very watertight. The hatches were a raised profile but the hatch covers were very secure and it went through the surf without any leakage. My new boat is about two years old kevlar deck and carbon hull. The design is better for paddling and it's a little faster. The hatch covers are terrible. I would be afraid to go into the ocean without securing them with tape or some additional device. I use a featherlite rudder and always prefer it because I steer without even thinking about it. Turning 180 is a little tough but I only have to do it once a workout! Prices are quite a bit steeper than they used to be. Layup had some flaws and the new SEDA management wouldn't even discount for that. It took longer to get from when I ordered it than they promised. I think they make truck shells in the off season or something.