Submitted: 12-06-2011 by Dogpaddle52

Bag was OK till zipper broke and they would not even answer my email. The zipper jammed and when I went to free it it was made of some weird material (plastic) and it cracked. Not water proof if left on kayak in rain. Bit tight but you know what you bought and it looks sleek. They could of made the material hang over the zipper more to keep it dryer. Attachment with the straps is decent.
May try the SeaLine BAJA next for more room and better waterproofing.

MANUFACTURER'S RESPONSE
Dear Dogpaddle52, Morgan from North Water here. I see the comments you made on Dec 06,2011 on Paddling.net, regarding your Peaked Deck Bag. Thank you for your comments and bringing this to my attention. Customer satisfaction and quality of design are 2 of our top priorities, here at North Water. It is of great concern to me that you didn't have anyone respond to your concerns after you sent an email. Can you tell me when you sent that email and what email address you sent it to?: Please email me at northwater@northwater.com, please forward your note to me so I can get to the bottom of it from here. We don't use spam filters and all email are to be viewed by someone in our Customer Service Dept. In my almost 10 years working with this product I have never had a zipper jam and crack as you've noted and I hope you will work with me to sort this out. Do you have any idea what caused the zipper to jam? Perhaps dirt and grit in the zipper? The zipper is a #5 YKK Vislon. We use this type of zipper is because of it's resistance to salt and UV as well as its strength. It has the strength characteristics like nylon, but it does not absorb water and deform under normal usage. If you would like to send this back to us we can repair it as we still build our goods here in our shop in Vancouver BC. I do need to point out that he bag is not, nor is it advertised as "waterproof".

North Water offers a comprehensive guarantee on all its products:

This is our Guarantee to you: When you buy North Water you are buying our experience and dedication to quality. If you are not 100% convinced your purchase is the most versatile and well designed piece of equipment for its intended purpose, let us know and we will:

1. Change it to your specifications
2. Replace it with something else

North Water fully backs our workmanship.