Submitted: 11-28-2011 by Sheila P

This book was a delightful read.
As a person who has also joined the kayaking community based on injury and disability I could certainly relate to the struggles. In life we often have to pick ourselves up over and over again. Many of us stop pushing ourselves as far as we can go and fall out of love with the outdoors and sports because of our new limitations. This book reminds us that our limitations are often self imposed!

I read this book when I was having a really tough time in my life. Afterwards I felt ready to deal with the world again - full speed ahead. The humility and ability of the Fatman to laugh at himself, and embrace his strengths provides a great role for us all - no matter what shape we are in!

Can't wait to read more of Sean's adventures. NO WAIT, I want to participate in some adventures with this guy.