Submitted: 11-27-2011 by Grumm

Hmmm, how to review your mates first foray into literary fame?
I have known Sean for 3 years only because we're neighbours and it is his fault that I started Kayaking. I'll admit I was a little cautious about Sean 'writing a book' due to not knowing anyone famous or worthy enough of public record (except my Dad). I then read the book. Yes, he had recounted stories of his injuries but seriously, who really 'understands' the horror that encases people who suffer in the way Sean and his family suffered during this period?

The first few pages had me seriously questioning how he is still alive! In a cruel sense, he has no right to be. His injuries are truly unimaginable and his later experiences in Bali are something you never wish on your worst enemy. Yet, through this insanity, he found the strength of mind to reflect and share this journey he was forced to confront.

Who is Fat Paddler? Well Sean is a devoted Father and Husband who does everything he does is for his family. The book, through his own words, teaches us what is important in life and offers many insights on how adversity can challenge and liberate under the most challenging circumstances. Aside from a denial of English heritage and liable against a great English football club (pg 153), Sean illustrates how a mind without signs of recovery can be exactly the opposite.

From a humble search for recovery is born a world of fun, exploration, challenge and charity that has captured the imagination of himself, his family, friends & proud stalwarts of Team Fat Paddler.
An annoyingly inspirational read!