Submitted: 11-17-2011 by solofisher
I purchased the Fusion after much research, for the purpose of fishing/exploring small lakes(solo). Prior to this, I owned a Lincoln Little One (11'x37"x 44#), an Old Town Pack (12'x32"x33#), and a Nature Bound (11' 10"x32"x43#)and 4 tandems (14',14'6",15',16').

Wenonah has hit one out of the park with this boat, for my purposes and I think, many others. The Fusion, in Royalex, weighs in @ 45#, is 13'x32". The centered seat is mounted low, the canoe is stable,manueverable, and quick. The Lincoln waddled, inspite of a keel, the Nature bound was ok, but turned hard, and the Pack was just too light and tender with the cane seat height (however, with a lower seat this is a good canoe for portage at 33#). I have a P.O. Wheelee canoe cart on the Fusion which effectively reduces the 45# to 22.5# for the purposes of portage and cartopping (end mounted with 16" wheels, rolling the canoe upside down);I can get to any water with this combination.

Wenonah wisely gave the canoe a lot of forethought, the 13'length and 45# weight improve the stability over the other short canoes. The depth, low shear, and hull configuration are ideal, seat's nice and wide too. I'm 6',175 and an intermediate skill paddler. I'm very pleased with this canoe. They have a foot brace arrangement for those who want to cruise, and perhaps use a kayak paddle, I took the bar out, I switch side paddle and usually am not in any rush. I was concerned about the 4 rivet holes in the hull which hold the bar tracks, but it hasn't leaked thus far, if it does, I'd put some duct tape over the rivet head, until I found a better solution. The bar seems unnecessary, this is not a cruiser. I make the P.O. Wheelee and see a lot of canoes, this one's a peach.