Submitted: 11-15-2011 by Bill Hines

I have had my Loon 111 for 8 years and still love it. As a large paddler 6'4" and 205 I like the extra large cockpit and adjustable seat. It is very stable but I can travel all day long at 3 MPH. I use my Loon weekly running some class II rapids on the Great Miami River and my skirt helps keep out the water but I normally only use the skirt in the winter months.

I have used the boat around the Outer Banks and Lake Erie Islands and it handles 4' waves well. I use it for long distances paddles since it carries gear very well. I can put a 30 liter bag with a 20 liter and my cooler behind the seat. In August we ran the top 65 miles of the Great Miami, the Bass Islands in Lake Erie and the 50 miles of the Tennessee Blueway. It has taken very ruff treatment over rock and oyster beds and the triple layer hull has held up. Great all around boat.