Submitted: 11-14-2011 by charles.nadia96
I have paddled the Tsunami 175 Rotomold (without rudder) for 10 months now! I love this boat; it is made well and tracks great! Wind cocking is at a minimum for a high volume kayak unless there is a 3 mph current behind you. I have paddled every bit of Tellico Lake with its 354 miles of shore line and 2 deep water mountain lakes in East Tennessee!

The real reason I chose this as my first sea kayak was it can haul as much gear as a barge. The boat has great initial and secondary stability! You can role it but its a little slow to role. I did teach a teen that never set in a kayak how to role it in 5 minutes!

The true test I put this kayak through was the MR 340! This is a 340 mile non-stop unlimited ultra in the world from KC to St. Charles, MO on the Missouri river! The Tsunami performed great without problem even when I was wore out. The Wilderness System seat is one of the best. The Tsunami was able to finish the 340 mile race in 13th place out of 76 men's solo paddlers! Not bad for what call the boats only draw back. The draw back is that it is a heavy boat at 66 lbs!

Overall this is a great boat and I would advise any one to try one out! Great job Wilderness Systems!