Submitted: 11-07-2011 by Doug

Bought this last summer for assist in geocaching. Had it out twice now including yesterday, and I have to say I am just OK with this kayak. Price was great at $249 with everything included. I can throw in on the roof of the Santa Fe by myself and be gone in 5 minutes. It's very comfortable to sit in and paddle.

Unfortunately, I believe that the textured surface makes it slow. It seems that the second I stop paddling, it wants to die in the water. Like I am pulling a sea anchor. I am always playing catch-up to the people I am out with. Also seems a little unstable and doesn't like to track real well, but that may just be my lack of experience. May try installing my own keel. I got around the lack of a water tight compartment with a 1-quart dry box from Wal-Mart for $8 (vs. $15 at Dick's). If nothing else, it's a good learning boat.