Product Reviews - Send Message
You are responding to the following review:
Submitted: 10-24-2011 by Bob
I must disagree with the previous review.
Any underpowered prop driven craft would have gotten hung up in the same situation. An electric motor driven Ghenoe would have been in the same fix.
I have had the ProPedal 14 for about three years.
Con: It is not nearly as fast as the Hobie.
- Great stability. Very easy to stand and impossible to tip.
- Tremendous load carrying capacity with open cockpit design.
- Easy to paddle with drive lifted.
- It has reverse, which is great to maintain position in a current or wind.
- It moves at a pretty good pact but cannot be driven very fast. This is typical of any prop driven craft. Want to go 20mph? A 50hp will do. To go 25 requires 100 hp. The same for the ProPedal. It can go about 6mph but will spin out after that. It is easy to maintain 4mph and keep up with most paddlers.
- You can pedal all day and move while fishing, eating or retying.
- You can easily avoid most weeds if you simply stop pedaling and glide or paddle. You don't need to raise the drive unless it has become fouled. You can't go through thick hydrilla, but what other prop driven craft can?
- The seat is the best in the business.
- The drive pass through makes a great squat toilet in an emergency. I think that it is the only kayak that has one.
* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.