Submitted: 10-21-2011 by Ed

I purchased my Perception Eclipse Airalite used two years ago. It was/is my first kayak. I am 6' 4" and weigh 215. The Kayak is a great fit for my size.

Initial stability is good Secondary stability is fair. As others state, it does weathercock. I have used this for five day excursions in Vayageurs Nat'l Park. It fit all my needs nicely. It handled well in three foot waves, and I felt secure with gusts to forty mph. I was looking for cat tails in those winds. The rudder is not very useful, but I have long since chosen not to use a rudder.

I love the kayak. It is sturdy and fast enough to suit my desires for ten to fifteen mile paddles. It is not light, but it is reliable. I strongly recommend this boat for day paddles and touring. The hatches are not large, but I prefer smaller openings on the water. Storage is more than enough for long touring trips. I highly recommend the Airalite model.