Submitted: 09-02-2000 by XOXOXO

Wow! After testing the Swifty, Zydeco, and Bayou, I settled on the Sierra. You can't beat it as a recreational boat. Anybody can paddle it. Tracks well, turns easily and goes fast enough to make paddling fun. The large cockpit makes entry and exit a breeze. I use mine for fishing and just plain messing around. Had it in Sierra lakes and San Francisco Bay and performed well in all cases. Loaded it up with cooler, fishing box, rods, strapped a lawn chair on the back and towed a very large innertube for an afternoon of lakeside water fun. Even with all that junk attached, handled well in afternoon winds. I have two Sierras, one for my 13 year old daughter and another for myself, and everywhere we go people come to inquire about the boats. They are attracted because they perceive the Sierra as a boat that even they could paddle! And they're absolutely right! As a small woman, I appreciate its low weight of 43lbs, and with hully rollers, I manage to get the boats loaded on top of my van without dieing. If you want a boat to get you out on the water, have fun, and that everyone from the grandkids to grandma can paddle, this is the boat for you. Cheers!