Submitted: 10-06-2011 by timluke

My wife and I are getting on in years and were looking for activities that we can do together (that don't hurt the knees). Kayaking sounded fun so we did the research and bought a 2008 dragonfly2. We donít have the skill or budget to get into any technical outings and wanted something easy to transport and use. We've used it on calm rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and Puget Sound. Someone is always borrowing it because it's so easy to setup and carry. Last weekend I did the Skagit River during the humpy salmon run. The water was mostly class 1 with some class 2 sections. The kayak performed very well and was easy to maneuver. I felt very secure and had a great time. This has been the perfect model for our ability and lifestyle. It's well made and comfortable for two of us. It does well in these varying waters and conditions. AE really supports their products. Last week one of the little deck support tubes leaked so I sent an email to AE requesting how to get it repaired. I was ready to pay since the kayak is out of warranty. They immediately responded and are sending a new tube, free of charge! We are now looking at getting some singles to run the Skagit during the December salmon/eagle viewing season, and AE is our first choice.