Submitted: 10-04-2011 by ds01hs

I bought my Warren Light Craft Little Wing in 2007 and have probably paddled it on 150 separate occasions. Living in Albany, NY, I paddle primarily on the Hudson and Mohawk rivers and in some of the local lakes. The 14' size is ideal as it is easy to maneuver on the waterways where I usually go, yet has the performance of a sea kayak as I go on Lake Champlain whenever I can and have paddled at Cape Ann, as well as on the Long Island Sound. The Little Wing is fast, stable and is just a pretty boat. It unique design makes it a conversation piece, and it lightness makes others have kayak envy. It is very easy to carry and launch.

It is also very easy to do self-rescues in this boat, both because of the way the back end is designed and its stability. I regularly practice the cowboy and paddle float rescue (I know that Warren light craft maintains you do not need a paddle float, but I carry one anyway for that extra margin of safety).

It's also nice to think that you purchased something designed and made in America. All-in-all, I am very happy I bought the boat.