Submitted: 10-03-2011 by BSB

Emotion Kayaks are the best bang for your buck,especially when they are on sale. I have had my eye on the Edge for awhile. Cabela's had it on sale for $319.00 a few weeks ago and I pulled the trigger. The main reasons I like the Edge is because of the weight and the length. It weighs in at around 40 lbs and is just four inches shy of 10 feet. The kayak is easy to throw into the bed of my full size pick up on a whim and head to my local lake about 4 miles away. My life vest and two piece paddle fit behind the seat and I can shoulder the kayak at the cockpit and carry everything down to the lake unassisted. I am 6'2" and 240 pounds and the Edge fits me perfectly. The seat is really comfortable considering how simple it is. Another plus is the simplicity of the boat. No hatches to leak, no broken latches, or other accessories to fall off. This model is truly just a grab and go kayak. The tracking is phenomenal for a boat this short. If you have perfected your paddle stroke there is almost no yaw, even with heavy paddle strokes. I just got back from the lake today and even paddling in 25 mph winds the kayak did really well and I stayed drier than I thought I would. The main reason I got water on me was due to the wind blowing water off of my paddle. If you are a larger paddler looking for a kayak that is simple and easy to transport then this is your boat.