Submitted: 10-03-2011 by Juho

I bought my Stillwater 14 in about 1999 as a fishing craft to be used on a large lake by my home in Minnesota. It is extremely stable, even with my 90 pound Labrador on board, and under windy conditions; yet small enough for me to carry on my own. (I turn the craft around and sit backwards facing on the front seat when it gets rough). I've taken it into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness five times, and although fiberglass boats are rare on the trail, I've never had any problems. You do need to treat these boats with respect, or risk punching through the hull. Not a speedy craft, but the stability makes up for it. The wicker seats rotted out after about seven years. I am replacing the original material with nylon strapping. The hull gets marked up as soon as you start using it, and you will quickly let go of appearances. Overall, I have been very pleased with the product.