Submitted: 10-03-2011 by ben

I purchased the 145 duralite tusnami to meet my needs for a larger entry and storage potential in 2006. It is well worn and still floats but is not the boat I had wished for.

The duralite hull is flimsy although it has ridden over its share of rocks and logs and is has only surface scratches. The oilcanning and warp are more noticeable and yet it still tracks well in mild current and wind. The cockpit is comfortable for me and I use the sealine deck bag to hold goodies. The deck bag has blocked water when it comes over the deck in rougher water, but the low rim allows water to come in. This is a particular concern when going with the wind/waves. The hatch covers do not seal that well and when the material dries with age it becomes even more a concern. The foam bulkheads are cheap and have broken seals so the water flows the length of the boat. I could reseal them but the flexibility of the hull with foam bulkheads seems to indicate that will always be an issue. The few pounds saved on duralite probably was a mistake.

Over all I think it is a good boat for a mass produced rotomolded plastic product, but some shortcuts in the foam bulkheads and the increased problems the duralite has added would cause me to rethink my purchase.

Silverfish