Submitted: 10-03-2011 by Admiralpush

I purchased this kayak for fishing and short-range touring in the Florida Intercoastal waters. For fishing, it serves its purpose quite well. It is very stable, and I can stand up and cast in very calm water for a short period. It seem to have good initial stability, but when pushed it will quickly flip over. Because of its weight and wetted surface touring is an effort. It takes a lot of energy to get it going and keep it going. At 54 lbs. it is at the top end of comfort to load on my car rack by myself. To be sure, the boat has utility in that it can do a number of things--none of them really well. If you are considering the longer version, note that it is not as wide and not much heavier. I may be more satisfied if I had the 13. I think it would be a better all-around compromise.