Submitted: 09-29-2011 by rjniemel

I purchased a Kevlar Sportsman about two years ago for fishing, camping, and general paddling, and have used it hard on ponds, lakes, creeks, and rivers large and small. I am still impressed by the construction and quality - this is a great canoe for the money. At 47 lbs., it is very easy for me to get it to and from the water by myself. Great color choices available - mine is oxblood - very eye-catching on the water and on the SUV.

Very impressed by the speed, tracking, and maneuverability of this canoe. Used it on a 4 day fishing trip in the 1000 Islands, paddling from sunup to sundown every day and wished we could stay an extra day. It flies through the water, and I'm pretty sure someone could waterski behind it if you use a kayak paddle.

Used it for a father/daughter canoe camping trip - it paddles and tracks well when fully loaded too.

All in all, a great canoe and I highly recommend it. My only complaint is that the guy in the front always seems to catch more fish than the guy in the back. Hopefully this design flaw will be addressed in a future model!