Submitted: 09-28-2011 by Dave

I purchased a Scrambler about five years ago. I'm 5'10" 212 lbs. and I fit in it just fine. I find the bow slap is irritating. It is a stable boat but slow and doesn't track very well. Although I'm not looking for great speed, the fact that it is slow makes for more work paddling to keep up with others. I use this boat for light touring and recreational kayaking.

I put scupper stoppers under the seat to keep dry but I can sometimes feel them through the seat especially after a couple hours of paddling. To me, getting wet is no big deal since you're sitting that close to the water and the occasional wave will get you anyway.

This is the only kayak I've ever used. Definitely if you can, try before you buy. You learn what to look for and what questions to ask after you’ve used one for a while.
I'm looking forward to reading reviews of Ocean's new Tetra 12.