Submitted: 09-28-2011 by kylef

We purchased a Cygnus 16 from Benjamin at Nighthawk Canoes about two weeks ago. We have had it out on the water for the last two weekends and my wife and I both love this canoe already. We are very impressed with it's light weight, making it easy to load on the car, store it in the garage, or to carry it the city block to our launch point on Lake Monona. It will also make our portages in the Boundary Waters next summer much more enjoyable than our old 68 pound canoe.

Once we put it into the water, we are also very impressed with it's performance. It is a surprisingly fast canoe that handles very nicely. My wife was also happy to note how easily it glides through the water without a load (it only draws around 3-4" with the two of us) and its ability to ride over wakes or decent sized swells. Besides being stable (I suspect it will be more stable with a load) it is also very responsive because of its size and design.

We both look forward to taking the Cygnus 16 out for numerous river and lake trips in Wisconsin and the Boundary Waters next summer.
This canoe is a joy to paddle!