Submitted: 09-26-2011 by docscott

Last year I bought a new 2009 model XT after selling my Twin Otter because I no longer take April (my pooch) along. It is a great kayak for around the bay, lakes and up to class 2 rivers. Plenty of room to enter and exit, good foot room for long legs and big feet (size 12) with water shoes on.

It has many good features: Twist locks on rear hatch, front dash with cup holder and small storage compartment, paddle holder, good deck rigging,drain plug and best of all, a fantastic seat. It's two downsides are weight(55lbs), and tracking in the wind. A skeg would make this boat a 10! My boat in particular, tends to track off to the right when not paddling which is really annoying. Yet, reading other reviews, it may be unique to my boat. For its may good features I would recommend this kayak to friends.