Submitted: 09-26-2011 by wjsilva

I purchased the Alaw Bach TCC three months ago after considering a NDK Explorer. The Alaw Bach TCC by Rockpool is a fabulous boat to paddle. This Rockpool designed boat is manufactured out of thermoplastic by Eddyline. I already owned two other Eddyline boats so I was familiar with the excellent materials and construction methods of this US manufacturer.

This boat edges and maneuvers wonderfully. The low back deck makes it a breeze to roll. Hatches are all tight. I had read different comments about the seat and backband, but I've found both to work well. I've found the seat to be comfortable on longer 15-mile paddles. The backband design provides the support necessary and doesn't get in the way during re-entries.

The boat manages conditions and handles well in following seas. The volume of the boat is good as I've loaded it with enough gear for a multiple day camping trip. Anybody looking at a Brit style boat should consider the Alaw Bach TCC.