Submitted: 09-26-2011 by JVC

I purchased one set of the Hullyrollers about four years ago for the rear rack of my vehicle. I found no matter how I adjusted them I was not comfortable with the small area of the wheel that was actually supporting the kayak. I fashioned two pieces of construction foam that I placed on top of the wheels that then supported a much larger area of the kayak.

My problem now is the rollers are actually shedding material on to the kayak as I roll it up. This is leaving streaks of rubber like material all along the bottom of my kayak. Right now I've wrapped the rollers in duct tape but this does not allow proper grip to allow them to roll, so it pretty much slides up there which is not doing the kevlar hull a lot of good.

After contacting Yakima directly they have agreed to replace the set of hullyrollers at no charge. You have to love a company that backs their product. There apparently is some special care that is needed to keep the rollers from deteriorating...