Submitted: 09-23-2011 by MarkK

First of all, this is a great cart. Initially, I thought the large wheels were a bit much, until I had to portage hills with drop offs, and rough terrain. Especially with an 18 foot kayak. I find it easier to stow loose instead of configured as shown, due to how nice the "V" shaped arms tuck along the bow or stern hatches. The ease of installation is gold, especially in the water.

The only reason I gave it a "9" was, I felt that once the design was set, the more detailed, functional issues were dropped. They were: not a long enough cord to extend past the rear combing when attaching to the rear combing isn't possible (ie: molded fiberglass boats as compared to rotomold). I was told to, "go get a longer cord, and attach to the front of the combing, or the seat." Is that really necessary for me to do, on a $160.00 cart, or could you supply the necessary length for "any" application?

Last, but most important - the axle retainer clip. Without this puppy, the whole system is useless. In and around water only amplifies the ease of its being lost. I am not without a solution. I have purchased the cheap-o, foam ear plugs, and skewered the clip. They provide high visibility, and just enough positive buoyancy to keep it floating, and don't interfere with function. I did ty-wrap a spare to the wheel spoke just in case.