Submitted: 09-21-2011 by seark

Tried the Versa out this past weekend as well as a NRS Big Earl inflatable SUP. Compared to the inflatable, the Versa was much more stable - and much heavier. The Versa has greater versatility and I liked the sculpted sitting area. I was on a lake and really liked the Versa. I see it has a real option for paddling my dog and I. I like the options of being able to alternate between sitting and standing (and laying down for a nap!).

The inflatable SUP required greater balance and did have more flex. Had lower weight capacity and I can't see paddling the dog and a cooler out to my favorite island on it. I could see doing that on the Versa.

I have been a touring kayaker for several years and have done some races. Paddle mostly big rivers, swamps, lakes, bayous, estuaries and occasionally mild surf on trips to the coast. I could see using the Versa in almost all those conditions. Really like the idea of an inflatable that I could carry in the trunk for spur of the moment trips, but think I would probably use the Versa more often.