Submitted: 09-19-2011 by dustycat

I am having the same problem with the Showboat as the previous reviewer was having in 2008! That is the roller bar assembly comes apart from the rods that run from the back to the front on either side of the car. If I had seen his review before buying the Showboat I never would have purchased it.

To stay attached to the rest of the assembly, the roller bar depends on good contact with the end of a small bolt which can come loose very easily. This means you have to tighten this bolt frequently. I am short which means I have to carry a small step ladder with me in order to reach the bolt. I also have to use some sort of lubricant to get the roller to slide easily toward the back of the car.

The very small bolt that holds the roller bar assembly to the bars that run back to front on the car come loose often. Needs a fix. The roller bar assembly and the front-to-back rods should be permanently attached!

Today I had a new problem. I didn't realize that the red levers could come completely off the bolt they are connected to.

Come on Yakima! You can do better than that! A friend of mine just has saddles and uses a piece of rug to slide her kayak to the top of the car. Maybe I should just take the whole showboat off and return it to the dealer.