Submitted: 09-12-2011 by marcoyoga
After 2 years of use I am ready to give the smallest Vision my review. First off the weight of my Vision 120 is 35lbs., not the advertised 28 lbs. It still is light and easy to car top. The most surprising thing about the 120 is how well it tracks for such a short kayak. Speed too is surprising for a 12 footer.

The Vision 120 has quite impressive primary and secondary stability and handles rough conditions easily. My boat is very comfortable and the expansive cockpit makes getting in and out a breeze. Current Designs labels their Visions as "transitional" and I feel this is a fair statement.

There are supposed to be changes to the 2013 Vision models so you can now purchase the 120 new at deep discounts. I look at the Vision 120 as a great performing recreational boat that is light weight but over priced at full retail. At a reduced price like $1400 it becomes justifiable, especially since it is made of a composite material that is quite durable.