Submitted: 09-12-2011 by knotbob

I just installed the Slipstream 887XT on my 2011 Subaru Outback factory cross bars. There is a 30" center to center spread on the factory cross bars and the sliding frame works good. It was interesting loading my 17'10" sea kayak by myself the first time but it will be easy once I get used to it. This really gives a much better cradle to hold a long boat safely.

I have Thule 450 crossroads feet and 54" load bars that I have used with the factory rails in their stored position and this is very strong but only has a spread of 24.5" center to center so I think I will just use the Slipstream on the factory bars to make it easier to r&r every weekend.
This is my wife's daily commuter and she doesn't appreciate fine contraptions being mounted to the roof of her car.

I'll comment on this set up after I've used it a few times and trust it to do the job.