Submitted: 09-09-2011 by medawgone
I have been paddling for over 10 years. The last 3 years have been with Greenland paddles.
The NL GP is not as light as some other high dollar carbon fiber GPs, but for its price, craftsmanship and the fact it can be broken down into 3 pieces it is hard to beat. Also, NLP throws in a nifty storm paddle loom insert and a storage sock with the Greenland package and it is an outstanding value.

I have had my NLP Greenland for about 4 months. It has quickly become my go to paddle for rolling and short day paddles playing in the chop. Paddling with the NLP is a joy for me. The paddle fits my frame and hands well. It has nice power with very little flex. When the conditions are rough, The NLP is solid and reassuring with each stroke. I have paddled with a WRC Greenland paddle that overly flexed and struggled in rough conditions. It is comforting to hit a strong power stroke and know the paddle will do its job and take the abuse.

I am an average roller at best. When rolling with the NLP Greenland,it has a reassuring glide through the water and very little flex. It just works well for me. What really separates the NLP Greenland paddle from others, is that it breaks down into 3 pieces. Great for storage and travel. Assembly and dis-assembly are a breeze with two recessed screws at each end of the loom. An allen wrench comes with the paddle.

Over all, I think the NLP GP is a great new product that fits a nitch at a very good value.

New York Kayak Co.: