Submitted: 08-28-2000 by D.F.

I recently purchased Langford's Prospector 15. I am very pleased with the way the canoe paddles. It has good speed and is very nimble. I am however very displeased in the quality of the interior gel coat application and installation of gunnels. There are extensive areas on the inside of the canoe where the weave of the cloth is exposed, application is uneven with runs in some areas and very thin in others. globs of gel coat were not brushed out in the ends. Bolts used for fastening the seats and thwart are uneven and not seated properly in the washers while the phillips heads are stripped out from overtightening. Had I seen the finish of this canoe before I bought it I would have moved on to another canoe. I paid top dollar for a canoe that in my opinion is second quality. moral of the story. don't buy a canoe with out seeing in first. I won't buy another Langford.