Submitted: 09-01-2011 by Ruby

Everything I said about the AE Convertible goes for this kayak as well. The Expedition paddles more easily and tracks slightly better but is less spacious. It does have a nice foot brace which is easy to adjust for my 5' wife and for me at 5'9". There are lots of tie downs for extra gear, though if I were doing a multiday tour I'd take the Convertible for the extra carrying capacity under deck. I was planning on buying only one kayak as my wife said she wasn't interested in kayaking. We'd canoed for 25 years and she was stuck. After my first time out in the Expedition I was smiling so much that she became suspicious that I'd met a beautiful woman on the river and insisted on trying out the kayak herself. I couldnt' get her out so ordered the Convertible (1 or 2 person or 1 person and a big dog or kids or...). We sold our 42-lb. We-no-nah Kevlar canoe last spring. I have fished from the kayak and love it's stability. It would be nearly impossible to tip it over so it makes for a stable fishing platform. It's easy to get into and out of so it would be perfect for "large" people and people who are not nimble enough to slither down into a "normal" hard-shell kayak. Get one, you'll love it.