Submitted: 08-31-2011 by itayb

I am a novice skier and currently paddle the V10 sport. I have demoed the v8 twice allready. once on a a fairly calm lake and another at the Surfski Championships Demo day. Needless to say this boat feels right at home for anyone that comes from sea kayaking. It does feel a bit sluggish for the first few strokes definitely for those comming from the skinier racing skis. As you start moving along you realy catch up some speed and feel totaly in control. This is probably the only boat you can take directly from the shop to a down wind race without any preparations. in the Demo day I took it out and surfed it back down wind and felt as if i could win the Molokai :-)

You have absolute control on the wave and my GPS showed 9 mph which is the fastest I ever got with any Ski. On the flat water I got 7.7mph as my top speed and it to was my fastest speed for the flats. Paddling the boat is a lot of fun and even though it's 22" wide it feels like a lot less. the boat Catch recess really works and I never hit the boat shears (sides) due to it.

Epic used their 18x sport hull for this boat and I say that maybee they would like to make one out of their 18x narrower water line beam boat so we can get an even livelier beginner-Rough water Ski.